Empowering Refugees into Employment
Our Program gives vulnerable refugees work experience in social enterprises and individual mentoring to equip them to enter sustainable employment.
The Empowering Refugees into Employment Program aims to give vulnerable adult refugees and humanitarian entrants work experience in social enterprises and individual mentoring to equip them to enter sustainable employment. The program supports and empowers refugee communities in the South Eastern Melbourne suburbs.
The Employment Ready Programs are facilitated through Social Engine and L’Arte Central, and provide opportunities in Warehousing & Logistics, Printing, Café (including Barista certificate) & Catering, and Floristry.
Participants are matched with a COACH Mentor and Work Supervisor who journey with them until six months of employment is achieved.
Become a Participant
Are You Eligible?
- Do you have a refugee background?
- Are you aged between 16 to 60 years old?
- Do you live in South East Melbourne?
- Are you looking for work and want to start paid practical work experience?
- Do you want to be supported to reach the goals you set for yourself?
Then the Empowering Refugees into Employment program is for you!
Learn While You Work
When you join the Program, you will gain:
- Valuable work skills
- 81 hours of work experience in one of our social enterprises
- An Australian reference
- Support through paid work experience opportunities
- Support to find ongoing employment opportunities
- You will also be given the option of having a mentor to support you in reaching your life goals and encouragement every step of the way.
Contact Us today to learn more about how we can help you reach your employment goals.
Become An Employment Partner
We’re looking for local businesses to become our valued Employment Partners.
Strong partnerships are the cornerstone of this program’s success.
When you become an Employment Partner, you are making a real difference in the lives of refugees and the community.
Benefits for Employers
Our Participants have initiative and a strong desire to learn. They are reliable and consistent, and have developed skills in the industry sector of their choice. Employing participants from our program enables you to create a culturally diverse workplace that is inclusive and dynamic, while helping you meet your corporate social responsibilities goals.
When you employ our participants, we will collaborate with you to help facilitate a smooth transition into your business and provide ongoing support to the participants through our COACH mentoring program.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming an Employment Partner and changing the lives of vulnerable refugees, please head to our Contact Us page today.